Disable Right Click

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Weekend: Ch 5 - Solo in the Studio

It started as an ambitious suspension concept in the Redwood City studio, but I couldn't figure out how to carry her weight and get the right lighting to pull it off. Casey was patient though, and diligently tried each pose I suggested. Let's do this... no, let's try that. It seemed to go on and on.

I was becoming embarrassed by how slowly I was working. Sensing my frustration Casey lifted my spirit with words of encouragement. "Don't worry, it will work" and "We'll get there". I also knew that some if not all of my lethargy was from not getting to sleep until past 5 am for the second day. But pictures don't make excuses - they either work or they don't. 

By then she had to pee but didn't want to move away and lose the pose. An idea came to my mind, and as is often the case, a favorite shot was taken from an inspiration through necessity.  



After that things moved faster. We found some poses that seemed to work. I could have done better with the lighting, but I didn't want to lose more time because even Casey's extraordinary physique was hitting its limits after so many strenuous poses. 



We quickly took the shots. Suddenly, there was a wardrobe malfunction of sorts... and I feared an early end to my incredible weekend.  

1 comment: