Disable Right Click

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Weekend

There are events that can happen to a person only once in a lifetime. It's not that it can't happen twice, but the person changes for good after the first, so it can never happen to the same person. First loves are like that, and so was shooting this trio earlier this year.


The color of the hair, the poses, the expressions -- everything came together for one moment of insanity with EnderSilence, LillaKatt, and KrystaKaos and my bar was raised forever.

But as amazing as that shoot was, that's a story for another day. This blog is about a weekend.... really, *the* Weekend.

Weeks later, the fallout is still raining down in a good way. If I could only convey the events as eloquently as so many of my friends, but my sub-stellar narratives and the requisite patience conspire against me. If it were otherwise, I'd be writing books rather than creating images. So, you'll have to be content with pictures and annotations.

The Weekend started when I drove up to the arrivals curb at the San Francisco airport. Casey stepped into my car that Friday early afternoon. My plan was to shoot a muse for the weekend and we had a solid schedule of shoots.

She was quiet as we drove into the city. She had warned me ahead of time she was shy, but I was unprepared for just how quiet she was. A fleeting thought about whether I had chosen the right model came and went. I've worked with hundreds of models, and knew that first impressions rarely indicated how well the model would work out.




Besides, I'd be dead tired if I had to get up at an ungodly hour to catch a flight in Florida, then delayed hours en route before landing in San Francisco. After all that, I didn't know how well she'd be able to model, especially outdoors with hardly any clothes. Or any clothes. But she said she was eager to start so we drove to a pier.



Foot traffic was moderate, but my concerns were unfounded as Casey worked her modeling magic. If you look closely, you can see a person or two in the background. I didn't hear any complaints from the guys, or the gals. I spotted a few discreet smiles as people walked by. We tried not to be a disturbance, which is the key to not getting booted.


When Casey's modeling, she turns into someone else and shy has no place in her world. Casey was just being Casey, but for me, this was the beginning of The Weekend. I thought my weekend started off with a bang, but it was only the swell before the tsunami.


No comments:

Post a Comment