Disable Right Click

Friday, June 10, 2011

First post

I've been shooting artistic and erotic nudes for over 5 years, showing my work on semi-private sites like fetlife and modeling sites. I was kicked off the modeling site because my avatar was too provocative one too many times, so now I hang out on fetlife and facebook. I'm the least kinky person on fetlife, but the crowd is fun to hang out with and I've met a lot of great models and friends there. And if there's one thing a photographer needs, it's great models to shoot.

Although I don't do this as my day job, I take my photography seriously. Last year, the jury at SEAF 2010 (Seattle Erotic Arts Fair) selected my work and to my surprise, the print sold. So after 5 years of shooting hundreds of photoshoots of female models, I found the stuff can sell. That was quite a revelation... if you submit artwork to venues, the art can sell. Sometimes I'm a little slow, but eventually I figure things out.

So this year for SEAF 2011, I submitted more work and they selected one again (what is it with SEAF... they select exactly one?) and it sold too. In addition to the exhibition area, I sent some images to the store portion of the event, and some of those sold too. I have no idea how many yet, but it's nice to know people like the work. In between the two SEAFs, I participated in "On the Edge", a photo gallery event in San Francisco earlier this year and some other exhibitions as well.

Although none of this comes close to offsetting the studio rental, gas, equipment, and cameras - I tend to go overboard on my hobbies - it's nice to have some validation that people like the work that much.

So, here I am with my first post. It wouldn't be right to start a photography blog without showing some pictures, so here's the ones that were selected by SEAF in 2010 and 2011, and some more risque stuff.

Passion, shown at SEAF in 2010, featuring the lovely Lily with her boyfriend.


Awaiting Atonement, SEAF 2011, featuring the beautiful TaraRyzeI love the way she looks when the light hits her face this way.   

Finally, a good deal of the stuff I shoot is more provocative than these. In fact, most the stuff I shoot is more provocative so to give equal time to my other stuff, here's some pics out of the couple dozen on exhibition in San Francisco a few months ago.

Twine Puppet, with Ivy.



Nature Lover, with Roxy Danger.


No comments:

Post a Comment