Disable Right Click

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Big Weekend: Last Shoot (part 3 of 4)

I had invited a half dozen of the best riggers and photographers for the last shoot, including Dan from the Naughty Boys, Tom Foolery, Ivan, and others. The last shoot was to be the most brazen and debauched one but needed Casey to be in top form. When I picked her up though, she was still sore. As we talked while waiting for people to arrive, it still felt off and I knew my concepts wouldn't work today. I decided to tone it down and discarded the idea that had been planned for weeks.

Even with a tamer shoot, Casey seemed to struggle although no one else could tell but me. When she complained about the texture of the rope, only I knew that a couple months ago, she kept encouraging me to make a difficult concept work while folded over backwards on a cold concrete floor for hours. Something was very wrong.

To be sure, Casey still looks great on an off day. Nonetheless, I wrapped the shoot quickly and thanked everyone for coming.


Days afterward, I'm still wondering what went wrong. Perhaps the concepts didn't live up to her expectations. Or maybe it was something I did. In any case the shoots were over and they hadn't lived up to either of our expectations.

Then I saw a message from her that changed everything....

2 comments: